Sr Application Eng Platform Enging User SVCS NDE
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Nike
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Athletes constantly chase their potential. They seek information, motivation and the gear to give them an edge over the competition. The Nike Digital Engineering teams enable NIKE, Inc.'s digital products and services that inspire athletes to do one more lap, one more crunch or one more marathon. The team fuels dynamic brand experiences, consumer interactions and Nike's digital platforms, including nike.com and NIKEiD. They use world-class technology, decades of athlete insights, and skills such as consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development, social media engagement and more to deliver products and experiences to athletes around the world.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike's Digital engineering organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on our Notifications Platform User Services Technology team, you will bring a broad experience of successfully ideating and delivering value that enables Nike to increase productivity, realize efficiencies and build profitable customer experiences. You will be responsible for building simple and intuitive APIs' for a very large developer community within Nike. Interest and experience in the latest methodologies goes a long way here and we're looking for people who are passionate about the world of value-driven solution delivery. You'll get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting collaboration and innovation. Within the platform, you will get experience working with different types of technologies and solve multitude of use cases.
To be considered, you'll bring the following:
- Expertise and strong understanding of AWS cloud engineering and some of the tools that AWS offers.
- Fluent understanding of multiple development languages including Java, Scala and node.js and ability to write clean, eloquent, minimal code in a load-balanced environment to achieve value added business outcomes.
- Expertise and Strong understanding in building Simple/Intuitive APIs for a very large developer community within Nike.
- Experience with at least one no-sql database like Dynamodb, Cassandra etc.
- Experience automating the tests and building pipelines to be able to deploy in test / production.
- Comfortable designing and developing Object Oriented, multi-tier applications in a complex architectural landscape on open source frameworks like Netflix OSS.
- Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Waterfall or Lean/Agile delivery environment. Strong preference for SCRUM/XP development expertise.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record collaborating with product owners, product managers and business subject matter experts to ensure delivered solutions optimally support the achievement of business outcomes.
- Passion for coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning.
- Commitment to and hands-on experience in leading/performing technical quality reviews.
- Commitment to collaborate with other developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- 5 years of professional experience in IT or business in software (preferably Backend Services and API ) development
- 2 years of additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- Strong design and development experience with Java EE and Node js, Cloud Computing.
- 2 significant years of experience in RESTful web services development
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within work group
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Lean experience with applied principles and methods preferred.
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation