Retail Sales Trainer - Waterloo
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world's most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The retail sales trainer is responsible for training our network of company-owned and independent bicycle dealers on Trek's sales process. The sales trainer is an immersed advocate of Trek's culture and ensures the Trek brand & values are represented with excellence at retail.
- Retail instruction
- Leads in-person training seminars and role-playing exercises at independent and company-owned bicycle stores
- Trains retail store managers to successfully train their employees
- Assesses trainees' mastery of completed coursework and application of it on the job
- Consults with business owners on customer service & sales best practices
- Maintains database of training materials.
- Coordinate training event logistics
- Communications / Logistics
- Coordinates with global trainers to create and deliver training content worldwide
- Follows up with trainees on regular basis to reinforce training tactics and provide continuing education materials
- Provide quick & fulfilling responses to trainees' emails and phone calls
- Training content creation
- Writes sales training content for print, web, video, and in-person presentations
- Creates role-plays, seminars, and workshop activities to teach retail best-practices and concepts
- Willing to travel; minimum 80% including evenings and weekends
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Must be able to engage audiences and own a room
- Able to balance multiple projects and timelines simultaneously with a whatever-it-takes attitude to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Minimum 5 years' work experience in specialty retail, bicycle retail strongly preferred
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish