Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Equinox
Our Consumer Technology team is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join their team located onsite at their NYC Corporate Office. As a Lead Software Engineer, you'll be developing architecture, maintaining and evangelizing best practices, and leading the team by example. You will partner with business, QA, and product to deliver efficient, high-performing, and scalable solutions. As a key leader in the tech team, you'll get to work on highly impactful consumer facing products that are used by our passionate member-base daily.
Candidates should love what they do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things.
- Lead one cross-functional pod of engineers across application development teams for the Consumer Technology team, including web, mobile, and core services.
- Lead by example through dedication, elegant code, and openness to find the best technical solution, while collaborating effectively in your team as well as across the organization
- Make critical software design decisions and help lead and mentor staff to do the same
- Enforce coding standards through design, architectural, and peer reviews, test driven development, and automated workflows via CI/CD processes
- Onboard and manage the work of a growing team made up of in-house and remote resources
- Be fully involved in the software development lifecycle, mentoring engineers as they build software in alignment with an evolving architectural vision
- Ensure up-to-date documentation for systems, applications, and procedures
- Partner with development operations to continue developing a highly functional set of development tools in what will become a continuously deployed environment
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience as a lead engineer
- Expert level experience in architecting and coding in Python, Node.js, Golang, Java, or .Net
- Strong skills in architecting enterprise level, scalable solutions
- A proven track record of practical problem solving and strong communication
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies and JS frameworks (ex: React)
- Comfort with standard web technologies
- Expert level experience working with RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of AWS, specifically EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda
- Experience utilizing modern caching via CDN as well as ElastiCache and Redis or Memcached
- Support and knowledge of agile development practices
- An understanding of containerization concepts and orchestration toolsets
- Strong knowledge working with relational,non-relational, and document-based data stores
- A passion for growing teams, finding creative solutions, and building killer products
- An understanding of mobile development languages and frameworks
- Experience with PCI and GDPR compliance
- Experience evaluating and improving legacy systems
- Hands-on experience with standard and headless content management systems
- A love of fitness, technology, and making an impact!
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
NOTE: This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
NBC Sports Group