Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by AEG
The Accountant is responsible for the closing of assigned shows for specified venues or one-offs and for the entry and coding of financial data. This position will process road checks, reconcile bank statements, maintain general maintenance of digital records for their department or venue, and work with operating staff to ensure that assigned shows are ready for settlement. The Accountant will collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each show and code to appropriate department with an ability to resolve discrepancies, field invoice inquiries, and provide support to the Sr Accountant and Accounting Manager as necessary.
1. Collect and compile all invoices pertaining to each assigned show, code to appropriate department and enter in JD Edwards ensuring that all data is entered correctly and matches reports.
2. Processing of road checks, daily cash receipts, invoices, artist payments, NSF checks, charge backs and all other cash transactions.
3. Responsible for the reconciliation of bank statements, show files, tickets, Facebook marketing invoices, merchandise settlement, balance sheets, credit card transactions for ticket sales, and purchasing card charges for show costs - Research and resolve all necessary discrepancies.
4. Work with venue operating staff to ensure proper documentation is in place for settlement. Review and vouch supporting documents in the settlement file related to all revenues and expense. Submit show close documents to Accounts Payables.
5. Review and enter expenses into correct financial system. Code expenses to the appropriate department.
6. Compare and maintain internal show system and JD Edwards accounting systems to ensure that financial data is accurate and up to date.
7. May process and allocate payroll of part time 3rd party payroll employees.
8. May be responsible for the creation of reimbursement schedules, royalties, insurance, and the entering of receivables and payables into sub ledgers.
9. Miscellaneous duties as assigned including: Ad-hoc projects, monthly flush, income statement, balance sheet, and generation of reports on request.
1. A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
Area of Study:
2. Years of related work experience: 2
3. Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
4. Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
5. Strong attention to detail is required
6. Strong interpersonal skills
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8. Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in financial systems
9. Excellent organizational and communication skills
10. Music industry experience is preferred
11. Experience with JDE, Image Now and Concur is preferred
12. CPA designation is preferred
Additional Comments Search Offer not to exceed $26.44 without additional approval.