Tennis Coordinator - Urbandale
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Life Time Fitness
As the Tennis Coordinator, you will provide daily direction, supervision and management of the Tennis Desk and Life Shop operations, coordinating both departments.
For Tennis , you are responsible for all scheduling in BOSS, marketing materials, schedules, program registrations and billing (including but not limited to: adult and junior programs, permanent court time, and women's daytime and evening leagues). Supports the promotion of all tennis programs, assisting Tennis Manager with the management of the tennis department business plan and is the main contact for account questions.
For Life Shops , you are responsible for all financials, working to achieve or exceed monthly revenue, contribution margin and EBITDA goals. You are responsible for managing all Life Shop product inventory, orders and order management, store merchandising, and maintenance of the business.
Provide excellent customer service to encourage repeat business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides excellent customer service to encourage repeat business.
- Ensures that all scheduling of programs, drills/clinics, leagues, PCT, etc. is done accurately and efficiently in BOSS.
- Completes and maintains accurate participant information and registration forms for all programs.
- Quickly and efficiently responds to member questions, comments, and concerns.
- Works to ensure all tennis facilities and equipment are clean, organized and in good working condition.
- Ensures that Life Shop is merchandised appropriately, clean, neat and organized to provide an inviting shopping experience for our members.
- Customer focused.
Sales & Promotion
- Promotes and sells all tennis programs, products and encourage repeat business.
- Promotes and maintains all Life Shop product inventory.
- Coordinates tennis program marketing information for submission to Corporate Tennis Team for use on website, e-blasts, member activities guides and internal signage.
- Promotes all Life Time Fitness programs, products, and services.
Financial & Budgetary
- Ensures all billing is completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Ensures all financial reporting (daily, weekly, and monthly) is completed accurately and efficiently.
- Ensures \"live\" inventory in BOSS is always accurate.
- Tracks sales through BOSS and COGNOS.
- Completes month-end inventory and reporting; submits financial reports and Monthly Business Review on time.
- Completes monthly COGS tracker and Order Calendar, updates with each order.
- Maintains all tennis registration forms.
- Maintains daily revenue goal log; encouraging team members to help achieve revenue goals.
- Ensure Life Shop exceeds monthly revenue and contribution margin goals.
- Works with the Tennis Manager to manage the Tennis department business objectives and marketing strategies to increase tennis revenue and eliminate non-essential expenses.
Managerial & Supervisory
- Provides positive role model to all team members to create a happy work atmosphere.
- Works 10-15 hours at desk, ensuring efficient operations and excellent service.
- Maintains monthly team member schedule (set-shifts); manages labor budget.
- Trains and develops team members on all Tennis and Life Shop policies and procedures.
- Ensures all team members are in appropriate uniform, including name-tag.
- Ensures all Life Shop policies are followed daily, including but not limited to:
- Selling all products through BOSS
- Order Process
- Inventory Management
- Workday Management
- Ensure all team members are managing the time clock appropriately.
- Maintains team member communication binder at desk; adding all pertinent department and club information.
- Assesses individual performance, provide feedback, and provide employee recognition.
- Facilitates Tennis department meetings.
- Attends department head and \"all club\" meetings.
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulates the Life Time Fitness Mission statement
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
- Maintains highly organized and efficient service desks.
- Complies with all company safety rules.
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment.
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections.
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee.
- College degree preferred
- High School Degree required
- Two years of customer service experience; required
- One year of retail management experience; required
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- CPR/AED certification received within 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Comfortable working with all age groups
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Proficient with computers and office software
Language Ability-Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Mathematical Skills-Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability-Intermediate Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to work independently the majority of the time. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high.