Business Planning Director
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world - from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan - Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike's success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
Lead, Coach, Drive and Inspire a team and collaborate with key cross functional stakeholders to deliver an actionable and integrated business planning process. Drive stock & sales plans and open-to-buy to support sustainable profitable growth for Nike and it's retailers.
LEAD, COACH, DRIVE and INSPIRE
- Align strategy, manage Team Performance, celebrate & reward Results
- Guide and develop individual talent
- Drive organizational excellence
- Inspire the team to lead through the culture of the Nike Brand
- Elevate the team through continuous training and development
- Lead Business planning to serve consumers and shareholders; delivering retail sales, margin and inventory plans that support revenue, inventory and profitability goals
- Define and Implement Global/GEO business planning vision and strategy to sense, shape and inform Nike demand
- Drive sustainable / profitable growth and healthy inventory productivity for Nike and its partners by leveraging aligned open to buy strategy and joint business planning process
- Define total marketplace demand and corresponding drivers of growth by leveraging strategic account plans, marketplace analytics and cross functional partnerships
- Create framework for financial business planning ensuring depth of detail, key metrics and visibility to driver based plans that deliver on needs and timing to support Nike's integrated business planning process
- Support future state visioning, capability identification and creation in partnership with the Demand and Supply Management Center of Excellence.
- Drive planning functional excellence, implementing world class process and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Sales for multi-store channel retailer
- 2+ years of experience leading and developing teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business