Strategic Planning Intern
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
Every successful team at Nike needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams shape & drive the company's growth agenda by leading the business planning processes, aligning enterprise leadership to make our biggest opportunities a reality, and spearheading transformational projects across Nike's diverse businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals serve as critical thought partners to our senior leaders to explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans to galvanize our teams. Our team is known for acquiring and developing high-octane talent for the company; we're proud of the numerous Strategic Planning alumni who have gone on to leadership roles within Nike's functions and businesses. With top talent and the DNA to catalyze action, the Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
As our Strategic Planning Intern you'll work with strategy leadership to develop and execute elements of Nike, Inc.'s global long-term growth strategy. You'll manage one or more cross-functional special project workstreams in support of management to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and/or strategic problems, and to catalyze action against these priorities through strategic and long-range business planning and performance management.
- Bachelor's degree
- Currently pursuing an MBA or advanced degree with an expected graduation date of Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
- At least 3 years' total experience in corporate development, business development, corporate strategic planning, investment banking, management, consulting, finance or related fields; or 4 years of total experience in digital/ecommerce, retail or general apparel brands
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Proven ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors.
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Technical corporate finance and valuation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with presenting and influencing senior leadership
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, to operate with a high degree of ambiguity and to work with a flexible schedule
- Strong passion for Nike
- Retail, Merchandising, Digital/ecommerce and/or Product functional experience