Finance Mgr - Strategic Investments
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As our Finance Manager of Strategic Investments, you'll participate in NIKE's long-range financial planning process, ensuring optimal investment against Enterprise level Transformational Initiatives. You'll drive financial rigor in the creation of investment plans, prepare and distribute timely and insightful analysis to report progress against our transformational investments, and develop critical cross-functional relationships to support these deliverables.
Specifically, you will drive the following areas:
- Work directly with the Transformational Initiative teams to develop and assess financial business cases focused on value potential and investments required. You will also work with the Global Functions and Geos to ensure alignment of plans throughout the corporate planning cycle.
- Enhance internal reporting against key financial and operational metrics for Nike's Transformational Initiatives and capital investment portfolio to inform executive level decision making and drive accountability
- Provide appropriate governance over execution of in-year initiativesby developing enterprise level point-of-views on investment prioritization and phasing and pacing of investment plans to achieve financial guardrails and mitigate risk
- Drive financial rigor and discipline for strategic investments to ensure optimal return on investment spend
- Coordinate and participate in cross-functional investment committee meetings
- Elevate investment performance management and forecast accuracy todrive discipline against investment planand align the Portfolio Management financial reporting processes to align with the Corporate strategic agenda
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field
- 2 years' additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- MBA, CPA or CMA is strongly preferred
- Advanced level degree or accounting certification maybe considered in lieu of 1-year experience
- 6+ years' experience in financial reporting, financial planning, strategic planning and annual budgeting
- Experience in a Fortune 500 consumer products or other multi-national firm is preferred
- Attention to detail in the development of quality reporting and analytics for executive-level personnel and senior management
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large organization
- Proven strong financial analysis skills; technical corporate finance, accounting, financial modeling and valuation skills
- Superior written and oral presentation skills; ability to communicate and present to senior management (PowerPoint proficient)
- Strong proficiency with financial analysis tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, BI, Tableau, SQL, etc.
- Experience with SAP (COPA, BW, ECCS) is preferred
- Problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Experience in investment banking, management consulting, or financial planning and analysis at a large corporation is a plus
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check