Equipment Capacity Project Manager
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
The Equipment Capacity Project Manager is responsible for coordinating relevant stakeholders from forecast through installation of Air MI production machinery. This work requires working across multiple functional areas within Air MI to ensure continued capacity and machine utilization.
- Analyze pertinent data to create and distribute periodic reports on machines to maximize machine utilization and quickly employ new capabilities across Air MI facilities.
- Develop means and methods to track trends and work with senior leadership to identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide guidance developing machine management policies, procedures, and best practices through the understanding of our machine use, machine lifecycle, and maximizing floor space.
- Maintain a master schedule of machine location and new machine arrivals.
- Coordinate the arrival of new equipment, with facilities, engineering, and planning to ensure the machine comes on line as soon as possible.
- Offer recommendations for procurement and disposal of machines in collaboration with engineering, manufacturing, and operations.
- Works closely with manufacturing team to ensure that future capabilities are aligned with manufacturing goals and needs
- Conduct monthly reviews with facility, manufacturing, and engineering teams to review machine condition, utilization issues and machine disposal opportunities.
- Participate & provide input to capital budget development.
- Update used equipment pricing (market pricing) and drive marketopportunities (on-line sales, auctions) of the aged equipment.
- Strong knowledge in the area of manufacturing equipment maintenance, manufacturing equipment service department operational procedures and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or a related field, or related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years asset or material management experience preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Proficient in Excel & Microsoft Office, asset management software and other relevant ERP applications.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate ideas and issues effectively and concisely to all levels of management.
- Proven ability to drive process improvement, including the effective use of technology and automation.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work flexible hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary.