Global Commercial Finance Manager
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As Global Commercial Finance Manager, you'll be a critical member of the team tasked with creating Nike's marketplace of the future, centered around Nike's consumer. The Consumer Direct Offense, a critical strategic initiative for the company, will require new capabilities and ways of deepening relationships with consumers across the marketplace. You will work closely with leaders across both the wholesale and retail businesses to develop strategic plans, analyze investment opportunities, conduct financial planning, develop economic models and measure results.You will work across our global and geography-based finance and management teams to build and drive a portfolio financial framework to enable investment prioritization and profitability optimization across all dimensions within the marketplace.This role directly supports and partners with the Nike Brand CFO/VP and Nike Global Sales VP as part of the Global Commercial Finance function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing strategic and financial analysis to guide the long-term implementation of the Consumer Direct Offense
- Supporting the Global Sales leadership team in business planning and financial analysis for ongoing operations and strategic initiatives
- Directing the creation and implementation of a consistent financial framework across dimensions and geographies
- Partnering with a cross-functional team to design financial planning and reporting systems to manage the overall health of the marketplace though insightful management of key gross to net operating levers.
- Leading the annual planning and reporting process via close collaboration and communication with our geography-based finance teams
- Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field with emphasis in finance, economics; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- 4-5+ years' total experience with financial analysis, P&L management, and strategic planning, management consulting or investment banking background a plus
- Proven leadership experience working with top-level leaders
- Strong knowledge of investment analysis, and strategic planning concepts
- Strategic Framing, Scoping and Problem Solving.
- Proven ability to deliver insightful data analysis & synthesis that uncovers opportunities
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Proven record of accomplishment with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals
- Experience with SAP (COPA, BW, ECCS) is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check