Dir, Functional Capabilties Global Procurement
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Our mission is to "Partner to Win" - leveraging our partners to unlock the Consumer Direct Offense and achieve the triple-double - which requires us to move quickly and innovate readily.
As the Procurement Capability Director you will be tasked with ensuring the Procurement teams around the globe are well trained, ahead of the curve and have access to the information, resources and skills they need to be World-class. The scope of the work is inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Building a knowledge marketplace - full of functional training and content to create wide breadth and depth of knowledge quickly.
- Creating a world-class onboarding process to ensure our fast paced, talent-engine culture rotates new people into areas and ensures they are up to speed quickly and efficiently
- Partnering with HR and the leadership team to ensure we have world-class training and development across the function
- Activating the alumni network across Nike and building a lasting system to increase scale, buy-in and knowledge
- Incubate new innovative capabilities across the function to enable the continued scale and transformation of Procurement
- Leading the x-functional and rotational Analyst and Intern programs for Procurement
You will be responsible for Evolving and delivering on the Procurement Capability Strategy and for collaborating with key stakeholders, both within and outside of Procurement, to ensure we can prioritize, build and maintain the training, content and capabilities necessary to power the future.
Keys to success are the ability to: work as a selfless collaborator on a small team, partner with multiple stakeholders, create agile and scalable solutions to existing challenges, and create a critical foundation for the function that ensures knowledge and capabilities are fostered, innovated and retained.
We are a close-knit team, and our Director of Capabilities must have a customer-service orientation, and a focus on empowering the function, and a deep passion for learning and Development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field of study. MBA preferred
- Seven-plus years experience in Procurement, Management Consulting, or Operations/manufacturing
- Experience leading teams is strongly preferred
- Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
- Must be flexible, adaptable and resourceful and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strong written and verbal communicator with a demonstrated ability to network, influence and inspire
- Experience training, creating resources and references a plus