Visual Associate - New York
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Overview of Position:
The visual associate in accordance with the core competencies, is responsible for providing an outstanding fan experience, achieving sales plan by executing proper product placement and flow of new receipts. This will create a shopping experience that will make the fan feel welcome and comfortable.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by executing merchandise strategies set by visual manager
- Maintain visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives
- Perform merchandise receipt placement, replenishment and sales promotion set-up per leader direction
- Execute floor/fixture moves, merchandise placement and presentation
- Conduct price changes, markdowns and signing
- Participate in physical inventory process and follow shortage prevention procedures
- Provide an outstanding shopping experience through high-level service
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean and neat selling floor and stockroom
- Partner with Store Event Coordinator to ensure all visual needs are met for events and activations
- Address, create and install in-store graphics and signage
- Exhibit product knowledge
- Attend to fan service needs in a friendly and helpful manner when needed
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment focusing on internal and external fan service and safety
- Provide training and assistance to new employees as needed
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Fanatic's commitment to our fan
- Education/Experience: HS diploma or GED.
- Language skills: Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with fans, peers and management. Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette
- Mathematical Skills : Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and the metric system. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios. Must be able to make change using American monetary units. Ability to use ruler and taper measure to determine accurate dimensions.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Other skills: Must be able to function as part of a team. Possess a strong sense of urgency. Must enjoy meeting and interacting with fans. Enthusiastic to learn.
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Computer Skills are a Plus i.e. MAC operating system, Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in a visual merchandising retail environment
- Weekend Availability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual retail environment. Walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone .
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand 8 to 10 hours per day
- May be expected to walk 5 to 10 miles per day
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Goldman Sachs USA