Mgr, Partnership Activation (ATOC)
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by AEG
AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Manager Partnership Activation for the Amgen Tour of California is responsible for managing and supporting sponsorship activations for corporate assets, managing designated team and venue partnerships, and coordinating key division events. This person will manage and support sponsorship activations for corporate assets, ensure fulfillment of those assets and cater to all client needs before during and after event.
- Manage day-to-day maintenance and fulfillment of partnership agreements. This includes:
- Develop new and exciting promotional concepts for partners to help provide maximum return on investment
- Participate in renewal process to ensure elements are enhanced or revised as needed
- Fulfillment of accounts including promotions, print, grassroots events, broadcasts, signage, hospitality, etc.
- Prepare partnership recap for events and other properties at the end of the year/season in a timely manner
- Support Vice President Global Partnerships Activation with Amgen Tour of California (ATOC) and designated ATOC activation elements within the organization.
- Maintain various databases and reports as assigned by VP and the EVP & President ATOC such as partner contact information, local and league ticket banks, partner checklists and tracking sheets, CRM input and allocations.
- Close and execute new deals.
- Create client activation plan outlining contract specifics and client timelines.
- Monitor contract renewal date and draft renewal proposals with extensive client communication. Identify pros and cons of current contract and find ways to improve it.
- Execute contracts, client activation, promotional support, collections and invoicing.
- Contact potential business partners to discover ways to create a partnership.
- Respond to inbound leads and general account.
- Develop new and exciting promotional concepts for partners to help provide maximum return on investment.
- Compile creative and innovative ideas and build presentations tailored to the needs of each client and event.
- Pitch event/sponsorship presentation to potential and current clients to create new sponsorship deals or continue partnerships.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once
- Excellent at relationship building and people skills
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive and able to work independently without the need immediate for supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Ability to handle minor lifting and loading/unloading of merchandise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and ability to learn required business systems.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.