Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Troon Golf
Whirlwind Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of General Manager. Located in Chandler, Arizona, Whirlwind Golf Club is an exceptional 36-hole daily fee/resort operation owned by the Gila River Indian Community. Qualified candidates should apply immediately for an opportunity to lead of one of Arizona's premier golf clubs.
Key Responsibilities of the General Manager:
• Prepares and monitors annual budget, revenue goals and expenses as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, etc.) business volume forecasts.
• Monitors financial reports/statements on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the facility and takes effective corrective action when necessary.
• Establishes, initiates and monitors basic personnel policies and training along with professional development programs.
• Ensures all Human Resources procedures and policies are followed by management staff.
• Develops, maintains and administers a sound organizational plan and initiates improvements as necessary.
• Maintains membership with the PGA and/or CMAA and other professional associations. • Attends workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments.
• Oversees the care and maintenance of all the facility's physical assets.
• Coordinates marketing programs to promote the facility's services to potential customers.
• Ensures the highest standards for food and beverage products and service on property.
• Implements policies and procedures for multiple departments, including compliance of all company standards relating to the quality of products and services.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Directly manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Golf Professional, Golf Course Superintendent, Director of Food & Beverage, Sales Manager, Accountant, etc.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate, and coordinates ongoing training programs.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
Qualifications for the General Manager:
• Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university; and five years' experience at a daily fee/resort club as a GM or Assistant GM; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written is key to the overall success of the position.
• Maintains active status as a CMAA member, PGA member or both is preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Pga Tour Superstore