Mgr of Visual Merch Private Brands-Athletic Appare
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Dick's Sporting Goods Corp
Responsible for overall visual merchandising strategies and process development for Private Brands - Athletic Apparel. Drives sales, margin, turn and merchandising initiatives by ensuring continued improvement of all visual merchandising communication and planning processes. Partners with Director of Visual Merchandising and Merchant partners to strategize and develop communication to support key merchandising ideas and regional initiatives. Regularly works at the GMM, DMM and Buyer levels to work collaboratively across multiple departments and present concepts to Senior levels of management
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops strategic merchandising initiatives with GMM, DMMs and Dir of VM for areas of responsibility.
- Initiates strategic meetings with the merchants including GMM, DMMs, Buyers, and Director level partners to understand the goals and objectives of merchandising projects including floor layout, fixture needs, assortment tiers and regional initiatives.
- Communicates strategies to coordinator teams for further development and execution.
Manages and develops the DSG Seasonal Set Calendar to reflect developed merchandising strategies; communicates Game plan publication and execution timelines for areas of responsibility.
- Oversees standards for development of the Playbook and manages update schedule to reflect current VM standards.
- Collaborates with Space Planning teams to create and maintain accurate adjacency plans from all areas account for any discrepancies, overlaps, versioning, etc. of defined category spaces.
- Surfaces opportunities for improvement - documents for future application, including timing, presentation, signing, merchandise opportunities, etc.
- Ensures all project deliverables and deadlines are met in partnership with Director of Merchandise Presentation.
- Reviews and approves all Game plans, updates and standards to be approved by Director of VM.
- Develops and communicates the planning schedule for all walk through. Partners with peers to ensure plans reflect global floor sets (adjacent businesses, etc.)
- Manages communication to field organization for initiative kick off meetings as they relate to seasonal changes. Able to present Game plan direction to field team members for discussion and idea sharing.
- Manages VM Calendar with Store Communications to ensure direction is consistent, actionable and timely.
- Manages the Visual communication process for all areas of responsibility (Game plans, POGs. Playbook standards and all updates) from development to completion. Manages the creation of Game plans including overall strategies, merchandising details, layouts, instruction, signing and visual presentation elements needed for proper execution at store level.
- Manages travel schedule for areas of responsibility with merchant partners as necessary to lead set ups for prototypes and floor sets. Uses store visits to solicit feedback and develop ideas for future best practices.
- Manages training opportunities with Training teams for LMS module creation for field execution improvements.
- Oversees daily workflow and time management for direct reports.
- Trains direct reports in established protocol for file library maintenance.
- Visits stores with direct reports to teach standards and ensure their ability to execute in the field.
- Challenges staff on an ongoing basis for career development purposes
Manager of People Responsibilities:
- Select, on-board, empower, and develop a highly effective team of individuals.
- Define a clear vision and strategy in order to communicate expectations.
- Demonstrate a flexible leadership style to foster team member engagement including recognition.
- Hold all team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance.
- Incorporate your customer's perspective when defining success.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5 - 7 years
- Minimum of 5+ years retail experience in store and/or corporate environment
- Experienced in development of written communications and standards guidelines
- Travel required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- InDesign and Photoshop experience preferred
- Experienced with use of CAD and Space Planning programs preferred
- Knowledge of apparel merchandising and visual merchandising required.
- Ability to build constructive relationships with merchants, vendors and team members in a corporate environment.
- Ability to convey ideas/concepts to others.
- Ability to mentor team members through personal training interaction in office and in stores.