Marketing Operations Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
- Document new and existing processes and continually evolve them to support business growth initiatives.
- Develop and implement best practices that facilitate alignment across departments - Sales Ops, International Marketing Managers, Distributor Account Reps, Planning, Procurement, Finance, Logistics, Customs and GIS.
- Develop and document processes, audit compliance and manage workflows
- Serve as the business analyst of marketing technology platforms and be the technical resource and systems expert for the marketing organization.
- Track, analyze and report Global fixture & POP inventory with Senior Management, Accounting, Finance and Tax teams.
- Strategic and tactical oversight of Marketing Operations - Logistics, Customs and Production teams to ensure workflow optimization and process improvement.
- Lead process development between Global Brand Environments (GBE) and Marketing Operations.
- Develop GBE global calendars and manage Seasonal POP & SiS process with GBE leaders, Sales, Sales Operations and Brand Marketing to support Global Marketing objectives.
- Work closely with US Sales Ops, International Marketing Managers, Distributor Account Reps, Planning, Procurement, Logistics, Customs and IT to ensure seasonal POP orders, production, and fulfillment and execution support of Go-To Marketing timelines.
- Work in tandem with SAP Business Process Owners and Marketing Ops Director to drive SAP development, integration, implementation and maintenance within Marketing to support Global Logistics Process and Budget management.
- Manage POP vendor contract management process. Responsible for new POP Vendor set up and maintenance with Procurement, Accounting, Legal, Corporate Responsibility and Sourcing in JDE/SAP, Ariba, and GT Nexus systems.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Provide leadership and direction, including planning department future needs and operations
- Strategic team development and evolution to support business growth and increased demand for consolidated Global Production and Logistics to support Columbia family of Brands
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience required
- 8-10 years of increasingly responsible professional and management experience required, preferably in Retail, Project Management and Global Production
- Possess substantial supervisory and problem solving skills, including troubleshooting and solving problems of an unusual, possibly complex, nature.
- Possess the ability to effectively manage competing projects/problems. Requires ability to successfully deal with work and time pressures to accomplish job requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Requires excellent ability to speak to and make presentations to groups of varying sizes. Possess ability to mobilize, provide direction, leadership, and follow-through with various personnel internally and with other departments in order to achieve a common objective.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to make decisions and operate independently with discretion
- Possess a working knowledge of modern data processing principles, including Internet and other PC/Mac processes.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age