Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by National Football League
NFL IT Internship Program participants have the opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unmatched, behind-the-scenes learning experience. Though interns work within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through challenging project assignments, speaker presentations, mentoring relationships, and networking opportunities.
The Information Technology department maintains the technical infrastructure for league-wide data communications and business systems. IT's responsibilities are wide-ranging; from caring for our servers and desktop computers to maintaining the security of communications, as well as building software applications with the use of cutting edge technology for Football Solutions and Business Initiatives.
The program will start on mid-November, 2018. The IT department is looking for participants who are able to work thru the end of the NFL 2018-219 Season.
Please note, you will be asked to provide your availability in your application.
Interns will be required to approximately 15-20 hours per week during. Interns will all be paid an hourly rate for their work.
Roles & Responsibilities
Ø IT Enterprise Business Solutions: Partner with all business (non-football) departments on enterprise solutions and technology adoption
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited four-year college degree prior to the start of the program OR currently enrolled in a Masters or MBA program; Computer Science, Engineering and Applied Science & Technology majors preferred
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0. Academic transcripts (official or unofficial) will be requested
- Some prior internship and/or work experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated interest in working in professional sports
- Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States and international students must have all visas and employment authorizations prior to the start of the internship. Completion of this application assumes eligibility to work in the United States.