Head of Marketing, Basketball
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Head of Marketing for the Business Unit of Basketball will be responsible for driving the global marketing strategy for PUMA Basketball.
- The role will work collaboratively across functions, markets and the entire Business Unit, to bring key product stories to life.
- Develop seasonal and long-term global marketing strategy and direction for the Business Unit, including brand positioning, product positioning, key territories and regions, strategic account targets, and target consumer.
- Identify, prioritize, and champion the marketing of key Business Unit product stories on a seasonal basis, from concept to sell through.
- Partner with PLMs to develop product concept positioning and strategies.
- Partner with Brand Management to determine product naming concepts, technology naming concepts, and packaging concepts.
- Partner with Sports Marketing to leverage global athlete and team roster to the benefit of BU key initiatives.
- Develop sales support tools that will empower all regional teams to present the key BU stories with emotion, impact, and clarity.
- Track sell-in process with regional teams, understanding key account needs, and providing support via strategic oversight, product and marketing presentations, and the development of marketing plans and specific activation's where required.
- Coordinate with all global marketing channels to define support plans and maximize marketing tools for key global initiatives.
- Partner with global marketing production to provide support materials to regional teams for secondary initiatives and activation's.
- Create, guide, and support global activation platforms ensuring consumer participation with the brand and trial of Basketball products.
- Assist and support Regional Hubs with campaign implementation and category growth strategies.
- BA/BS required, and 10-15 years of related experience; MBA or MA preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a global organization.
- International/Global mindset: experience taking into account the needs of local markets.
- Creative thinking, an eye for detail, and a feel for great design.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and proactive.
- Must be detail oriented and organized; ability to work across four seasons at once, al in various stages of development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include creative briefs, and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of Basketball marketplace and industry.
- Strong product marketing and/or product management experience.
- Knowledge of campaign development process.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite (especially PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage a budget process, from forecast to tracking.
- Ability to stay focused while working under tight deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and energy.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Strong Digital/Interactive background a plus.
- Foreign language a plus, but not required.
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: