Director of Athletic Giving
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Clarion University Foundation, Inc.
Founded in 1867, Clarion University specializes in preparing students for professional careers in fields such as the arts, business, education, healthcare and science. Enrolling more than 5,200 students from 44 states and 22 countries, Clarion offers more than 100 academic programs and leads the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) in the number of programs accredited nationally.
Clarion University Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation and charitable organization of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, formed to promote educational purposes in connection with or at the request of Clarion University. The Foundation is the organization designated to receive and manage private sector gifts provided for support of the activities and programs of the University. The operation of the Foundation, establishment of policies, receipt of donated funds, stewardship of assets, and management of endowment funds and other assets are directed by the Board of Directors of the Foundation and are carried out by the Foundation Staff.
The Director of Athletic Giving provides leadership and support for athletic development and fundraising activities at Clarion University Foundation, Inc. in support of Clarion University Athletics, including sponsorships in conjunction with the Director of Development and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. The director manages a portfolio of annual and major gift prospects with the primary goal of soliciting and stewarding gifts from university constituent groups. As the primary fundraiser for Clarion athletics, the position manages, coordinates and executes development priorities for university NCAA Division II and I teams. Currently, the Director of Athletic Giving serves as a key fundraising manager for the Tippin Gymnasium renovation, a $42.7 million project funded by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania but supported philanthropically with a mini-campaign for program and team support.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in athletic development or fundraising (recommended)
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and active listening
- Experience in personal solicitation or face-to-face sales, relationship building, and metrics based position
- Passion for intercollegiate sports and availability to travel and attend games/matches.
- Understanding of technology including Microsoft Office products suite and Raiser's Edge database
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter while also operating within team environment.
Please apply in writing with letter of interest, salary requirements, and resume to Deb Everett, DBA /HR Coordinator, Clarion University Foundation, Inc., 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214 or e-mail same to . EOE. Deadline for applications is November 19, 2018. No phone calls please.