Global Retail Operations Pro
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Under Armour
The Global Retail Operations Professional is fast-paced, highly interactive role that partners closely with the VP of Global Retail as well as the Senior Director of Global Store Development. This role is a force multiplier in the day-to-day activities of the leadership team, driving against strategic initiatives and global priorities.
This is a critical role that blends strategic capability, facilitation, and influence skills to enable the VP to work most effectively with his team and internal and external stakeholders. This individual will need to be highly resourceful with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and analytical skills and will need to be able to navigate the complexities of UA to deliver results for the VP. This role will be focused on internal projects and initiatives that drive growth for the Global Retail function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Run leadership meetings effectively (global huddles and other business meetings) - prepare agendas, recommend participants, and provide visibility to decision and action items to drive accountability and results.
- Own the coordination of projects and commitments involving the SVP and leadership team including process calendaring, 3-year planning, etc. Develop and maintain an inventory of critical path projects - help align actions and communication to drive completion. Facilitate alignment among disparate stakeholders and recommend approaches when a lack of alignment exists.
- Facilitate alignment among cross functional partners - be able to navigate the complexities of the organization to assist the team in making clear forward strides.
- Lead special projects initiated by the VP ranging from board presentations, partnering on business strategy development etc. Scope, plan and execute multiple often quick-turn projects with minimal outside assistance.
- Facilitate VP communication rhythms - execute a meeting cadence, draft agendas, communications, presentations, talking points etc. Assist, as appropriate with meeting prep and compiling meeting decks. Coordinate with others who may be involved.
- Proactively identify and escalate important issues to the VP - recommend approaches to resolve balancing the interests and needs of the team and the business. Facilitate VP decisions, guidance and feedback needed by the leadership team.
- Build strong, trusting partnerships with stakeholders to ensure VP and business success, including leadership team, HR, Finance, Executive Assistant etc. Ability to influence and negotiate or push-back when needed - at all levels.
Consistently works toward producing results at the functional team level
- Accountable for producing to functional area timelines.
- Responsible for their own execution.
- Sets stretch personal goals and achieves them
- Inspires confidence that they will deliver. Done!Done!Done!
- Goes the extra mile to ensure the functional team's success.
- Takes direction and makes a project their own.
Lives and inspires the Under Armour Culture throughout the Company
- Embraces the Company values in their everyday interactions and inspires the values in their peers.
- Commits time and energy to the success of the Company.
- A good team player, willing to work with others.
Assists in executing on a strategic plan that creates a unique advantage for UA in the marketplace
- Familiar with more complex concepts and possesses advanced skills and functional understanding of the subject matter and technical requirements of the relevant functional area.
- Improves performance by gaining knowledge and experience of associated areas through job contacts and training.
- Suggests ideas that focus on improving costs and process efficiency.
Has Manager/Director's as well as their team's trust
- Delivers what is promised.
- Contributes to the functions goals through individual and/or team effort.
- Impacts functional team by providing support.
- Understands how his/her role fits into the functional team's goals.
Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform
- Seeks to not only perform the task but understand the purpose of the task.
- Demonstrated effort to understand processes outside their immediate area.
- Performs task well with an attention to detail.
- Understands and appreciates the value their task adds to goal achievement.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passion for the UA brand; must embody the UA culture and believe in the company spirit. Be an aspirational leader that represents UA Global Retail.
- Independent; self-starter; self-sufficient.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate down, across and up within the organization.
- Strong analytical & organizational skills.
- Must be highly skilled with MS Office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT, etc.)
- Able to overcome adversity and deal with ambiguity.
- Visual acuity with knowledge of UA presentation guidelines with the ability to train and adapt to different situations all while explaining reasons behind merchandising.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (or similar),
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.
Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley USA