Sponsorship Development Analyst
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by National Basketball Association
Responsible for leading the day-to-day relationships with all team sponsorship sales and activation departments to maximize partnerships, generate revenue growth and create new sellable platforms and assets to go to market with.
The NBA's Team Marketing and Business Operations (TMBO) group is a unique in-house consulting arm within the NBA league office that strives to drive best practices and innovation across all 91 NBA, WNBA, G-League and 2K League teams. The primary focus for this fast paced and collaborative department is on all aspects of business operations including ticket sales and service, sponsorship, marketing, digital, analytics and data strategy.
This role is specifically within the Team Sponsorship Development (TSD) team and is responsible for leading the day-to-day relationships with all team sponsorship sales and activation departments to maximize partnerships, generate revenue growth and create new sellable platforms and assets to go to market with.
Job Level - P3
- Serve as a consultant to teams within all four of our leagues across all phases of the sponsorship process...from the pitch and partnership management to the renewal stage
- Leverage brand and marketing skills to help teams create for current/potential partners customized, multi-discipline brand activations with storylines and tactics that are consistent with the brand's tone/voice
- Lead our best practices discipline by identifying a strategy and process to keep teams apprised of sports industry trends, technology developments, activation case studies, category overviews, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the teams and the NBA league office, working directly with internal departments while providing the view point of the team business
- Identify key vendors across research, technology, activation, etc. that can support team sponsorship business and manage these relationships to help grow the sponsorship business
- Assist teams with understanding the NBA Operations guidelines to remain compliant with League rules across all marketing and sponsorship initiatives.
- Provide day to day guidance to team members
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- 7-9 years of sponsorship and experiential marketing experience on the brand, agency or team side with a solid understanding of managing and executing multi-channel activation platforms
- Strong relationship management skills combined with a desire to collaborate, ideate and work closely within a team environment
- Creative and curious with a passion for innovation, big ideas and challenging the status quo
- A desire to mentor and grow a team
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize time and stay focused on the details
- Strong communication and writing ability with a focus on PowerPoint skills
- Experience with contract negotiation and asset valuation a plus
Educational Background Required:
- Undergraduate degree
- Graduate degree preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Consulting, Relationship Manager, Technology, Customer Service