Vice President, Sales - Bay Area
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by NBC Sports Group
Responsibilities : The Vice President of Sales reports directly to the NBC Sports Bay Area/California General Manager, and oversees the NBCSBA/Cali sales management team covering both the 8 th (San Francisco) and 20th (Sacramento, CA) largest markets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with senior management in NY on creating a sales and marketing strategy for taking our multi-platform network ad revenue to the next level and communicate strategy to sales group.
- Provide strategic input to setting and maintaining sales targets and new business development opportunities for the Local & National Sales Managers and their immediate teams.
- Drive expected revenue performanceas well new ideas and \"outside the box\" revenue streams from new technology and growing sponsorship revenue.
- Develop business models to monetize these revenue streams.
- Oversee entire sales department of ~20 employees.
- Ensure employees work and sell with integrity and uphold NBCS Bay Area/California sales standards. Clearly communicate expectations of performance and establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff through NBCSW's performance management process.
- Work cooperatively and in partnership with the other network departments and networks such as News, Marketing/Creative Services, and Digital groups to ensure growth in revenue and increased profitability through all network platforms.
- Deliver presentations to Senior Management and assist Sales Managers with growing/maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing major deals when needed.
- Oversees the planning and execution of sales meetings, client events, community and goodwill events and network representation at trade association meetings.
- Ensure consistent network image throughout commercials, promotional materials, and events.
- Recruit, hire, and retain top performing sales talent to build future pipeline.
- Minimum 10 years prior experience in a broadcast, professional team sales, digital sales or marketing role is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a sales team, including experience in strategic planning and direct responsibility for growing revenue in the television sales industry
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Willingness to travel, at times work outside of normal business hours, and potentially on weekends with short notice
- Proficient MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior project management skills are necessary
- Must possess a driving "win every day" attitude with a proven track record of sales/marketing achievements
- Must be willing to work at the location in San Francisco, CA.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Excellent Negotiating skills
- Solid background in building and cultivating strategic partnerships
- Proven track record in driving, developing and mentoring high performance teams.
- The ability to lead change. Creativity and an imaginative mindset is necessary.
- Knowledge of how direct ad clients, agencies, marketing/promotion companies and emerging companies operate.
- Experience with and an understanding of the digital/emerging media world is strongly preferred.