Industrial Design Intern-Racquet Sports
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that's why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference -and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking an Industrial Design or Graphic Design major who will work with the Project Designer to complete Racquet Sports projects developing new racquet products. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Develop color, material and finish packages as well as design inspiration for 2021 racquet sports projects. Including but not limited to performance tennis, recreational tennis and indoor racquet sports.
- Collaborate with the engineering and design teams on innovation projects developing new racquet sports technologies and geometries.
What We're Looking For
- Strong presentation and communication skills are a must.
- Candidate must have the ability to explain their work and communicate why they reached certain design solutions.
- They must have the ability to take constructive criticism and generate multiple rounds of concepts based on feedback.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- High level of competency in SolidWorks or a comparable CAD modeling software not required but appreciated.
- Familiarity with Keyshot rendering software appreciated but not required.
What We'll Provide:
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. Our Innovation Center is located in Schiller Park, IL. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Flying Food Group, Inc.
Hellmann Worldwide Logistics