Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by YMCA
We are looking for a dynamic aquatic professional to join our Y, a place where your work positively influences the lives of others.
The Community YMCA
Enthusiastically represents The Community YMCA by displaying a positive attitude, maintaining a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job through the four character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The Aquatics Director will be responsible for the safety, development, operation, and administration of the Aquatics Department which includes two pools at one location, direct supervision of the Associate Aquatics Director and the Aquatics Safety Coordinator. The candidate will be expected to ensure compliance with all Association standards and safety as well as program quality. Major areas of responsibility and accountability include, but are not limited to management and development of the aquatic programs, staff and volunteers, annual budget, facility and equipment, and community/staff relations.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Physical Education, Recreation, Sports Management or related area with a minimum of three to five years in the Aquatic field with three years of demonstrably successful staff management.
- Knowledge and skill in fiscal management. Experience in Financial Development is a plus.
- Skills include excellent verbal and written communication skills, human relations, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a member of the team, provide high quality customer service, and maintain productive relationships with other agencies and YMCA members and staff is essential.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed. Ensure staff certifications are current and keep accurate record. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Establish new program activities and expand programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Compile program statistics. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Conduct and ensure proper maintenance of pool. Secure and schedule pool facilities. Maintain accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Comply with all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions. Comply with all safety rules and use of all appropriate safety equipment. Attend recognized aquatics safety trainings as well as other trainings identified in the professional development plan.
- Work side by side with Head Swim Team Coach and LASS Aquatic Center Aquatic Director.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develop and monitor program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Respond to all aquatic inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher). Experience with Daxko preferred.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y's values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Build relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change: models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Current YMCA or Red Cross certifications in First Aid, CPR /AED and Lifeguard/Water Aerobics/Swim Instructor required.
- YMCA Team Leader Certification preferred.
- Pool operation certification strongly preferred, or required with 1st year of employment.
$48,000.00 - $54,000.00
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until