Sr. Traffic Specialist
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As the Sr. Traffic Specialist, responsibilities will include:
- Submit Routing for Freight Collect accounts to obtain their preferred outbound carrier working closing with them & the shipping department.
- Analyzing CFR reports to create LTL & TL size loads, then submit routing requests via customer's website, email, or fax, while building customer rapport/partnership.
- Systematically code orders for Planning and Shipping purposes.
- Update various reporting tools to include excel pivot tables and word documents.
- Work with carriers to schedule pick up appointments, ensure proper equipment needs are met, provide research to dispute compliance and shipping chargebacks.
- Analyze data and communicate to various business partners issues that may result in shipping delays
- Respond to general email inquiries.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with customers, carriers and upstream business partners.
- Serve as a full back up for all Traffic related functions to include Inbound Planning, Exports, OS&D, Mail and Ship.
- 2 years of transportation experience with LTL & TL carriers and steamship lines
- Direct customer contact related experience required
- Ability to work overtime as needed, occasional lifting required
- Possess strong Microsoft excel and Word skills
- Experience working in SAP and other warehouse management system and knowledge desired, XPDS a plus
- Must be detail oriented and able to work well with others under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems with good time management skills
- Must be a self-starter who will take ownership of desk responsibilities and follow through to completion
- Must be able to work some Saturdays