Mgr, Creative Svcs - National Campus
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by USTA
Purpose of Position: Assist in the overall management of the Creative Group including internal client relations, design, production, and archiving. The position will be responsible for supporting all USTA creative needs in marketing, advertising, and promotion in both traditional and digital media. Project work will include USTA Corporate, Professional Tennis (US Open, US Open Series, Pro Circuit, Team Events, etc. ), Community Tennis (League, Membership, Collegiate, Schools, etc.), Player Development, USTA Foundation, and Net Generation.
Major Duties: Oversee and maintain high-level creative deliverables and customer satisfaction of USTA design work as assigned by Director of Creative Services and/or department project lead.
- Oversee all aspects of the production process with external vendors, including bidding, project timetables, press runs and invoicing.
- Ensure all areas of USTA comply with design policies and style guide regulations for all USTA logo properties.
- Assist in administrative needs of Creative Group, including budget management, archiving, FTP maintenance , design software upgrades, and training.
- Maintain high-level knowledge of graphic software and hardware used regularly and learn new programs, skills and techniques as needed.
- Mentor junior level creative staff as needed.
- Identify and work with freelance support as needed.
- Assist , as requested, on other creative projects currently being handled by external agencies.
- Identify project responsibilities to include:
- Create print and digital marketing materials for Professional and Community Tennis events.
- Develop design policies/style guides for logos and tag lines
- Create new marks and logos
- Manage and maintain graphic assets library and archives
- Facilitate graphic files for Internet , digital devices and social applications
- Create miscellaneous in-house ads, invitations, brochures, etc.
- Update and re-design collateral materials as necessary
- Develop presentation graphics and formatting to ensure a consistent and high-quality look
Qualifications / Other:
- Bachelor of fine art's degree or bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field.
- 5-10 years' experience as a graphic artist preferably in an agency or design studio.
- Sports, Entertainment or Consumer Products experience desirable.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, Google Web Designer, HTML5, PowerPoint, Keynote and MS Work.
- Knowledge of PC and Macintosh platforms and peripherals.
- Extensive knowledge of prepress and production.
- Knowledge of User Interface design
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle details and meet deadlines.
The position is an exempt position.