Sr. Marketing Dir, NBA Partnerships
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
As the Senior Director of NBA Partnerships, you will be responsible for overseeing the relationship with the NBA, as well as delivering category growth through the partnership. You'll provide strategic leadership for the partnership and develop briefs and marketing plans for the category's seasonal brand initiatives, athletes, events (i.e. NBA Jersey Launch) and other special projects. You'll be the voice of the NBA / Nike partnership and protector of the brand. You'll develop and maintain effective relationships with the NBA and 30 NBA teams and across the matrix and work closely with a diverse cross-functional team, supporting them in the planning and implementation of seasonal marketing plans. You will also be the main liaison with the territory leads making sure we implement global/geo strategies into our key cities, while also making sure we are listening to their consumer and staying relevant by making sure our plans are city-centric. You'll work with the Global product engine on future product initiatives to drive a connection to youth with the NBA partnership. You'll work closely with Global Basketball leadership to stay current on the competition and stay integrated with the global strategy around product plans and seasonal plans. You will be accountable for driving key KPI metrics to improve and impact Nike's brand and NBA business Globally. You'll oversee the Integrated Marketing process for NBA and lead cross-functional teams that enable timely and effective implementation of the season game-plan process. You'll participate in business planning, budgeting, performance targeting and in functional discussions and initiatives across departments. You'll utilize internal partnerships and leverage external relationships that enhance the team's effectiveness. You will be the lead people manager for your team where you will be expected to develop and grow your team in an exhilarating, high energy, high performing environment with people who have a passion for sports, passion for the Brand. and creating meaningful connections between consumers and the Nike brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or a business-related discipline
- 10+ years of progressively responsible Brand marketing experience
- 2 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience managing direct reports with a background in fostering continuous learning, empowerment, and involvement
- Knowledge of the local market and industry
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- Experience in one of Nike's key categories, with an in-depth understanding of the Basketball category consumer & the NBA platform
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team toward a vision through effective collaboration within a matrix environment
- Ability to establish an independent view, effectively collaborate in decision-making and work in a team environment