Member Svcs Spec - Indianapolis
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Life Time Fitness
Responsible for overall member retention by delivering the highest quality customer service by listening and responding to all members. Assists members with account maintenance and articulates an extensive knowledge of Life Time Fitness products and services. Anticipates member needs and interests and recommends programs, products and services appropriately. The Member Services Specialist helps maximize member retention by connecting each member to the right people, place and program.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring Exceptional Member Service
- Greets and services members at the Activity Center in a friendly and professional manner
- Responds attentively and promptly to member needs
- Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with all members and guests
- Answers and transfers phone calls in a timely and professional manner
- Anticipates member needs and interests and recommend programs, products and services appropriately.
- Schedules members accurately for programs and services accordingly
- Responds appropriately to questions and messages regarding member accounts
- Processes member paperwork, including address changes, member cancellations, new members, electronic funds transfers, and payments
- Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention
- Elevate the culture of service through outreach initiatives. Contact members via phone, email and in-club conversations, building relationships and engaging members within their areas of interest. All service conversations and appointments should be appropriately tracked in Sales Force.
- Articulate extensive knowledge of Life Time Fitness programs, products, services, current club events, policies and procedures.
- Attend daily huddle and assist with the creation of the daily huddle prep sheet to increase the club Member Engagement Ratings.
- Is a key player on the Department of Defense (DOD) team.
Managing the Member Experience
- Interacts with members and guest on a continuous basis to obtain feedback about their experience in the club; utilize feedback to recognize outstanding employee service performance and improve service delivery: emphasizes and holds leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures and developing innovative ways to exceed member expectations.
- Serve as an expert in the Life Time Fitness Website and LT BUCK$.
Sales & Promotional
- Stays abreast of current club events and helps maintain the club calendar
- Articulates extensive knowledge of Life Time Fitness programs, products, services, policies and procedures to prospective and current members
- Promotes actively all Life Time Fitness programs, products, and services
- Attends department and €œall club€ meetings
- Acts as Member Services Team Member when necessary, working all Front Desk zones
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulates the Life Time Fitness mission statement
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the caf © are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- High school diploma or GED
- Six-months experience in a customer service related position
Licenses / Certifications / Registration:
- CPR/AED certification required within the first thirty days after hire
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Extensive knowledge of all club activities and promotions
- Ability to firmly but tactfully enforce Life Time Fitness Policies and Procedures
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with members
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and computer software
IntermediateAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
IntermediateAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Intermediate SkillsAbility to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate.