Analytics UnderGrad Internship
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Nike Analytics serves multiple functions across the enterprise, such as: Global Operations & Logistics, Global Consumer Knowledge, Demand & Supply Management, and Global Product & Merchandising. As a Nike Analytics intern, you will be responsible for assessing and analyzing data to better serve our consumers, as well as our athletes.
Global Operations & Logistics:
Nike's Operations team ensures that every year over one billion pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time across the globe. The complex process involves 60+ distribution nodes, thousands of accounts, and over 100,000 retail doors. The team constantly pushes to become faster, more efficient, more reliable, and more flexible, while minimizing its environmental impact, to support changing consumer needs.
Global Consumer Knowledge:
Nike's Consumer Knowledge is a growing team responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Nike's consumers through data and analytics. The team applies deep consumer insights and knowledge to inform the development of incredible digital services and experiences that accelerate the growth and potential of Nike's digital business.
Demand & Supply Management:
Consumer demand is Nike demand. We'll get the right product into the hands of the consumer faster through end-to-end demand and supply management by leveraging an Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process that is fueled by consistent data and advanced analytics. We'll drive marketplace health and mutual profitability by managing inventory investments and optimizing liquidation when necessary.
Global Product & Merchandising:
The Analytics Capabilities function in Nike Global Product and Merchandising Analytics is comprised of data science; merchandising ; product creation and consumer sensing. These teams work closely together using an analytics agile methodology to create capabilities which add significant value to the business. We do this through use of an algorithmic approach developed by the data science team. The capabilities teams works with the business functions to ensure the algorithms being developed meet their needs.
- Coursework across areas including: Statistics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Marketing, or Computer Science
- Coursework or demonstrated interest in consumer behavior or consumer psychology a plus
- Experience working in SQL, Python, with statistical packages and/or data visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire, etc.) a plus
- Ability and willingness to be resourceful, working with colleagues to identify and learn new skills if needed
- Obsessed with understanding consumer impact of the digital experience and finding new ways to optimize the journey
- Ability to plan, lead, execute and deliver compelling and actionable user research in a fast-paced environment, balancing both rigor and speed
- Experience/knowledge of user consumer research methodologies and implementation
- Ability to synthesize consumer needs and communicate them clearly and effectively
- Experience with user-centered, qualitative research methodologies in a multi-disciplinary digital/e-commerce/retail environment