Associate UX Designer
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
We are a globally diverse, creative, collaborative team of UX Designers and Researchers. We care deeply about work-life balance, pushing the organization through innovation and testing/validating our ideas. UX sits at the intersection of Product, Business, Experimentation and Engineering to create e-commerce features for our own and partner sites. Build internal tools to help teammates throughout the company get their work done faster, design in-venue experiences in stadiums around the country, create native apps for iOS and Android, and push to creat the best experience for our customers.
A UX Designer at Fanatics has a deep understanding of the design process from end to end and feels comfortable championing and leading others through each step of the process - from initial sketches through iterations to final specs and documentation. Associate UX Designers will work with Senior Designers, stakeholders Product Managers, User Research and Engineers to understand product requirements and project goals. Participate in user studies, create detailed designs in Sketch using internal libraries, evolve with the UI library with new components and work closely with Developers and PM's throughout implementation.
- Define components and integration patterns
- Work with Product Managers to understand product requirements
- Create prototypes to communicate design intention
- Comparative analysis
- Assist Senior UX Designers to produce design deliverables including user flows, sketches at various levels of fidelity, wireframes, journey maps, and other similar tools to demonstrate and to aid the validation of proposed design solutions
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization
- A fantastic portfolio that articulates design process
- Certificate or degree in UX related field
- Mobile-first design approach
- An eye for visual design
- Expertise in Sketch with experience in Photoshop, Principle, prototyping tools, and a functional understanding of CSS
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Be able to work with a remotely distributed team
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism