Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- We are currently looking for a Copywriter to work out of our Boston office. The Copywriter will work for ICA, Puma's internal creative agency (ICA).
- The ICA conceives, designs, writes, lays out, and aids in the production of creative content for the Puma brand. The content is based on strategies developed by the various brand business units. Members of ICA are split up amongst the various business units and they report to the Head of Brand Creative.
- The content developed by ICA is applied across various channels in an effort to express brand vision and to inspire purchase of Puma products. The members of ICA aid in the creation of graphic presentations that communicate mood, and express creative vision.
- The successful candidate will direct and manage the production of the brand's creative materials, combining influences of sport, fashion and lifestyle. They will bring new campaigns to market in a wide variety of creative executions for print, outdoor, in-store, and on-line channels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism and/or relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience as a professional writer within the consumer goods and/or sports and lifestyle industry
- Thorough understanding of creative process with a focus on storytelling
- Understanding of how to take storylines through every step of the process - from idea summaries to tech copy
- General knowledge of Mac design programs a plus
- Exceptional presentation skills and proven ability to effectively work with senior management to brainstorm, design and strategize the fulfillment of marketing executions
- Experience directing and overseeing photo shoots under aggressive, time-sensitive conditions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function autonomously and in a cooperative, diverse group
- Strong information seeking skills and a penchant for resourcefulness
- Tremendous attention to detail, and extraordinary time-management skills
- Experience in the fashion, athletic/apparel industry a plus
- Experience with retail/commercial design a plus
- Travel may be required
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: