Footwear Product Line Mgr
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
Learn and execute ideas regarding new product and merchandising needs, trends and opportunities for the category. Help drive the product process to achieve brand, department and category goals and objectives.
- Provide category product input to merchandising and design teams as approved by the Product Line Manager.
- Assist in proofing product line needs which includes collateral sales tools such as catalogs, components, hang tags, Point of Purchase (P.O.P), packaging and label/logo information.
- Assist in the product preparation process for key retailers, business unit meetings (BUM's), outside sales representatives, and internal personnel.
- Write seasonal category product briefs in accordance with brand, department and category strategy.
- Present category strategy, prototype concepts, designs and product to key retailers, BUM meetings, sales force and internal personnel in order to develop new product line offerings.
- Ensure that product timelines are met and that merchandising information is provided to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain Product Development Matrix (PDM) seasonal line list for assigned lines and categories.
- Support the coordination of Special Make-Ups (SMU) opportunities when needed with Sales, Design and Development teams as approved by the Footwear Merchandising manager and GM of Footwear.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, merchandising staff, all other internal departments and outside suppliers in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business (with a focus in Marketing and/or Merchandising preferred)
- 5-8 years experience in product line management
- Possess a good understanding of the consumer, retail environment and competitive marketplace in relation to the Footwear and Outdoor industry.
- Thorough knowledge of PC and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Communicate and interact effectively, both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Possess presentation skills and experience with speaking to groups of varying size.
- Incumbent must be proactive and assertive in follow-through in addition to strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Capability to work under pressure to meet strict timelines while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Actively promote a team environment by interacting in a professional manner that supports the departments and a positive work environment.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age