Sr Apparel Technical Designer
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by New Balance
As a key member of the Apparel team, the Senior Technical Designer will play a critical role bringing Design intention from development thru production by driving Global fit consistency and garment construction standards and working across a variety of diverse Apparel categories.
- As an Apparel Senior Technical Designer, you will be responsible for making accurate interpretations of design's intent from development through production, while maintaining fit consistency and construction standards.
- Create and maintain all Technical aspects of the Tech Pack sent to vendors. This includes detailed construction sketches and sewing instructions, measurement verification and tolerances, graded measurement specs, fit evaluations and pattern corrections.
- Maintain fit consistency using fit models and dress forms, based on block patterns and standards specs.
- Identify any potential production, quality and costing issues and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining design and fit intent.
- Schedule and lead fit sessions for respective categories
- Mentor and support technical design colleagues in pattern and construction knowledge
- Research and awareness of new technologies in the industry
- Ability to multi-task and independently prioritize according to calendar deadlines
- Willingness and ability to train and/or manage 1 or more direct reports
- Bachelor's degree in Clothing & Textiles or related major, plus a minimum of 8+ years experience in technical design
- Expert in construction and sewing techniques. Guide designers and resolve construction issues.
- Expert in pattern making, grade rules, markers and yield.
- Complete understanding of Development and manufacturing process on global scale.
- Seamless and Sweater development experience a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel globally twice a year
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Excel. Gerber software experience a plus
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.