Skilled Laborer - Festival Operations
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by AEG
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Skilled Laborer will support the Facilities & Maintenance team by assisting with event maintenance, carpentry and construction tasks at AEG facilities and venues while maintaining a safe work environment. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing major repairs, constructing and deconstructing temporary structures, and installing various systems and equipment.
- Perform skilled tasks including repairing equipment and furniture; constructing structures; and installing drain pipes, plumbing systems, heating systems, ventilation systems, cooling systems, and fixtures.
- Perform construction and carpentry projects using wood, metal, hand tools and powered tools to build and deconstruct temporary structures, build frames, and hang dry wall.
- Abide by all safety trainings and precautions when using tools, machinery and utility vehicles (i.e. saws, drills, forklifts, burden carriers, tow tractors) to ensure the safety of all team members, including wearing full uniform.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and sanitary work area to remain in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations.
- Perform general custodial tasks like plumbing, cleaning and polishing furniture and fixtures, painting, mopping, sweeping, replenishing supplies, and disposing of trash as needed.
- Meet project deadlines in accordance to the event schedule provided by management, while also communicating any possible delays to avoid incomplete projects.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience
- Previous construction, carpentry, and/or maintenance experience required
- Forklift Certification required
- Able to operate hand tools and powered tools: hammer, saw, pallet jack
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull over 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be available holidays, nights, and weekends
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to details
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Able to multi-task and shift priorities
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.