Sr Windows Engineer
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
- Designing, building, documenting and training on new Azure Cloud technologies.
- Maintaining Azure Automation code and ARM templates
- Contributing to coordination, automation, and completion of Datacenter migrations to Azure
- Utilizing Azure DevOps to maintain build pipelines and test cases for Azure releases
- Participate in Sprint planning and ongoing continuous improvements planning
- Train other engineers and developers on usage of Azure Cloud and other related technologies.
- Utilize and train on usage of source control platforms.
- Develop automation to optimize Microsoft technology adoption
- Understanding and document technical specifications
- Build solutions to solve a variety of technical problems of small to large size and complexity.
- Automate processes in concert with other engineering or operational teams.
- Onboard application and infrastructure teams into Cloud Native technologies, include App Services, Functions, Azure DevOps and others.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- Azure DevOps / Visual Studio Team Services experience required.
- Experience as a Full-stack engineer, including both development and infrastructure experience.
- Provide governance of standards and procedures decided upon by operations to all groups moving to the cloud.
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving, dynamic organizations
- Demonstrated ability to interact with engineering, development, and application teams.
- In-depth knowledge of PowerShell
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and associated technologies
- Ability to train/teach other Engineers or teams on technical topics.
- Experience with cloud-native technologies in Azure, including both Serverless and PaaS solutions.
- Hands-on experience with ARM Templates
- Broad working knowledge of IT concepts, practices, and technologies
- Development tools (Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, PowerShell ISE, Sapien, etc)
- Azure Site Recovery
- Desired State Configuration technologies for Windows
- .NET or Java development
- Linux (Redhat, CentOS or Suse)
- Other Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, AliCloud, etc)
- Active Directory and/or Azure AD
- MS SQL or other database technologies (MySQL, CosmosDB, etc)
- Web Applications and IIS or Apache