Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by YMCA
Exciting opportunity for a highly trained, self-motivated and energetic individual to join the leadership team at the Birmingham YMCA
Birmingham Family YMCA
If you are passionate about developing, creating and delivering high quality aquatic programs to youth, adults and families and really impacting your community in a positive way through these programs, then this job is the one for you.
- A minimum of two years previous experience in managing and developing aquatics related programming is required.
- Previous supervisory experience including hiring, managing and developing staff is required.
- Current certifications in WSI/YSLI, CPR-Pro, AED, Emergency O2 and First Aid are required. Jeff Ellis & Associates lifeguard license and LGI is preferred or must obtain within 3 months of hire. CPO certification preferred or must obtain with 6 months of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education, Recreation or related field is preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that could include early morning, late evening and weekend hours.
Staff Management: Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating and developing all aquatic staff including swim instructors, water exercise instructors, Lifeguards and Lifeguard Instructors, Swim Coaches and other staff as needed. Schedules staff for all aquatic related activities and fills in as needed to cover shifts to ensure that the pool is always open and classes are never cancelled. Ensures staff certifications and trainings are up to date. Develops strong sense of team and provides staff recognition and support. Plans and conducts monthly in-service trainings
Develop & Implement Programming: Plans, develops and implements high quality aquatic programs according to organization standards with an emphasis on safety and curriculum standards. Maintains a hands on approach with delivering programs including teaching all swim levels as needed. Manages swim team and works closely with coaches and parents. Develops and implements new programming based on community need and strategic plans of the organization. Stays up to date on Aquatics trends and researches competition. Identifies opportunities for community partnerships and builds sources of revenue. Assists with the marketing of aquatic programs.
Financial: Creates, develops and monitors department budget. Has direct accountability for reaching or exceeding department financial goals and making ongoing adjustments and forecasts as needed.
Relationships: Cultivates relationships with program participants and models excellent member service. Develops a culture of relationship building. Ensures members and participants feel supported and cared for. Creates opportunities for volunteerism. Creates an inclusive, welcoming and accessible environment. Effectively collaborates and communicates with other departments.
Facility Management: Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Creates pool schedules and secures outside pool facilities as needed. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
Additional Responsibilities: As part of the leadership team, weekly schedule will include morning, evening and/or weekend shifts as Manager on Duty as assigned.
- Current certification is WSI/YSLI, CPR-Pro, AED, Emergency O2 and First Aid are required.
- Jeff Ellis & Associates lifeguard license and LGI is preferred or must obtain within 3 months of hire.
- CPO certification preferred or must obtain with 6 months of hire.
Apply by Email