Director, In-Store Environments
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Puma North America Inc.
For 70 years, PUMA has developed fast products for the fastest athletes on the planet. Every day, our 13,000 employees across 120+ countries rally our SPEED & SPIRIT to deliver the iconic footwear, apparel and accessories capable of pushing sport and fashion forward.
The PUMA world extends across Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf, Motorsports and design collaborations with icons such as Rihanna. But wherever you are, whether it's on the pitch, the runway or in the streets, the PUMA touch is instantly felt in the undeniable joy and excitement we bring to sport, fashion and culture. The PUMA Group owns the brands PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Lead s the development of clear and consistent merchandise presentation strategy, "story telling"
- Alignment with Sales Management on strategic direction for in-store expansion
- Negotiate with retail partners, in-store real estate, budget and timelines
- Align with brand marketing on in-store rendering and brand standards
- Manage sourcing, vendor relationship, prototypes, construction
- Shop in Shop SKU capacity planning & space planning
- Align with Sales Planning to ensure shop productivity is aligned with business plan
- On-going maintenance of productivity improvements
- Align with Merchandising on assortments to fit with business plan and capacities
- Alignment with Sales Management on strategic direction for all tradeshow (Lifestyle & Performance)
- Negotiate with tradeshow directly regarding booth space, location & operations
- Oversee manufacturing, sourcing and install of all tradeshow booth
- Work with marketing and creative services on visual/branding spaces
- Budget Management for all tradeshows
- Support Sales Operations with visual & fixture needs for retailer summits, events and retailer manager meetings, aligning with brand direction and business objective of event
- Create a PUMA branded experience that aligns with the event objective
- Manages seasonal visual refreshes for sales meeting (on or off-site locations )
- Supports Sales Operations with fixture & display needs for sales meeting
- Provides selling tools for in-store displays for future seasons as leverage for sell-in
- Alignment with sales management & Ops on future CAPEX (over 150 sq ft) planning during budget process, structured to be in-line with business growth
- On-going asset management with finance
- Cross communication with marketing and sales ops on strategic direction and planned spends for in-store experience, ranging from shoe towers to pop-up locations
- Day to day budget tracking and management
- Management of all pre-paid fixture inventory, including detailed inventory values and itemization
- Budget management and strategic planned spend for in-store fixtures (under 150 s
- Work cross functionally with marketing/creative service on seasonal visual & POP refreshes for each showroom (Westford, NYC, FL, LA)
- Supply fixture needs and support for showroom displays
- Design SKU capacities and efficiencies in showroom setting.
- Work with facilities and sales ops on showroom visual budget sq ft)
- Bachelor's degree in related area.
- 10+ years of experience in In-Store/Visual Merchandising in a retail environment.
- 7+ years of experience managing and developing teams.
- Must have exceptional merchandising skills and a strong understanding of trends in all markets.
- Product presentation expert with experience building seasonal layout plans.
- Exceptional leadership ability with an eye for design and styling. Demonstrated success in visual merchandising, innovation and implementation.
- Strong ability to communicate ideas and lead teams from conception to implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Able to describe merchandising in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong management qualities: approaches work with a mindset of collaboration, develops effective working relationships within the team, department and cross-functional team members. Fosters a creative and inspiring environment.
- Ability to work independently while handling multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience in managing projects from concept to completion. Demonstrates an understanding of materials, cost, and time requirements on projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization.
- Strength in presentation skills and ability to develop quality innovative presentations.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Flexibility to travel domestic and international.
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: