Manager, Member Benefits ROI
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world - from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan - Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike's success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
Nike's Consumer Direct Offense is designed to serve the athlete faster and more personally, at scale, led by digital. With focused growth through key categories, this new offense will connect the NIKE Brand and products with consumers in new and more powerful ways across 12 key cities and 10 key countries. At the heart of the Consumer Direct Offense is Nike's new NikePlus membership program that will provide member-only access to the products members love, matched to their individual preferences and buying patterns. This unique access to NIKE's greatest innovations and hottest styles is about three key services that serve consumers on their terms: first access to the latest products, exclusive access to personalized services and experiences, and reserved product for members only.
In order to supercharge this offense, we have brought together Nike's Member Services organization with Nike's enterprise consumer data & analytics organization (Consumer Knowledge). Our mission is to create the world's most distinctive membership program that accelerates consumer connections while driving growth and profitability for the Nike Brand.
We are looking for a manager to join the Global Member Services team in the newly created role of Manager, Member Benefits Analyst. This individual will analyze global benefit program efficacy & effectiveness to achieve the long-term member business plan for Nike. Ideal backgrounds for this role include individuals with expertise in analyzing digital business, with a focus on driving consumer growth and monetization. Candidates should have experience building consumer-centric ROI models and both business and financial measurement, with experience optimizing for near term returns and improved CLV. We are looking for candidates with a track record of working on and influencing high performing teams in fast paced and complex environments, with a desire to be at the center of a massive transformation of Nike's digital and direct capabilities. Flexibility, drive, and communication capabilities will be critical characteristics.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing economic analysis frameworks to support decisions related to benefit performance
- Quantifying the return on opportunities to drive consumer-focused business growth
- Developing the key performance indicators, measurement approach, and goals for membership benefits operated at the Global level
- Creating & operating frameworks to evaluate the performance of individual benefits
- Defining evaluation frameworks and hurdles to ensure benefit scalability, profitability and alignment with the long-term membership plan
- Evaluating benefits to ensure continuous optimization and achievement of ROI hurdles
Success for this role requires the establishment of a best-in-class membership program, driven by a strong understanding of both consumer connectivity and profitable growth. But beyond the core responsibilities, this role must also be a key contributor to the evolution of Nike's business model and the acceleration of the Consumer Direct Offense.
- 6-8 years relevant experience
- Educational experience in Economics, Finance, and/or Business Strategy
- Experience conducting analysis on consumer data
- Experience applying behavioral economics in subscription or member-centric business models
- Experience developing economic analysis on customer experiences, digital products and membership-related benefits
- Experience to develop balanced scorecards used for performance management
- Experience with digital commerce & content platforms is a plus
- Experience creating and disseminating decision support & reporting tools to the business community