Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Position Description - Costing Expert
The Costing Analyst will be the costing expert for Fanatics sourcing. This role will develop and maintain the Product Costing plan for short, mid and long term to align with the global sourcing strategy. Costing Analyst will work collaboratively with the Sourcing team and vendors to meet seasonal margin goals, actively manage cost drivers and create solutions that achieve product cost targets. This role involves solving complex challenges and implementing and improving processes and solutions.
- Review Value Engineering with Strategic Sourcing/ PD/Tech Design/Materials teams for each development milestone. Provide suggestions of cost impacts and mitigation in collaboration with US team at the beginning of each development season linking R&D to product execution and costing.
- Develop pattern efficiencies and suggesting the final efficiency by each Development milestone.
- Work with Materials Manager and suppliers for material consolidation to simplify material procurement and minimize material MOQ charge.
- Analyze possibilities for cost reduction by working closely with PD/Prod/Material teams.
- Timely and accurate Cost Sheet completion according to Corporate Development/Costing and the development calendar.
- Weekly / Monthly Production Cost Sheet completion.
- Update and maintain Production Price List.
- Seek out all possible cost-reductions to negotiate with the relevant partners. Report to teams at the beginning of each calendar season.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, internal and external partners.
- Review and refine overall cost processes / systems review and refine to efficiently interface with general company strategy.
- Establish Cost Model/Analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and cross functional collaboration.
- Experience using costing tools
- 3-5 years related working experience in Sourcing or Supply Chain costing
- Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Finance
- Practical knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook)
- Ability to work cross functionally with team members in Product Development/Tech Design/Materials