Baler OperatorI- Swing Shi
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
Ensure timely efficient cleaning and maintenance of the Distribution Center.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities :
- Sort and compact corrugated.
- Safely operate and perform light maintenance on the facility's corrugated baler and trash compactor.
- Perform light maintenance support that may include replacing and adjusting lighting, controlling building temperature, storing, monitoring and transferring equipment, furniture and fixtures.
- Continuously lift/carry up to 20 pounds and frequently lift/carry up to 40 pounds. Move and handle (no lifting) 100 pound boxes of baling wire.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Ability to cope in a potentially stressful work environment while maintaining professionalism in a team based atmosphere.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
Secondary Functions :
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Clean, vacuum/sweep and dust all offices, conference room, work areas, lunchroom and lavatories.
- Clean outside perimeter of buildings, removing debris and unwanted vegetation.
- Clean all windows, doors and empty wastebaskets. Empty all large trash receptacles into the trash compactor.
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 60 pounds.
Job has a great deal of similarity and regularity in terms of tasks performed. Incumbent follows established departmental practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions given and work is checked visually and by results. Decisions are made within specific department guidelines.
Supervisory Responsibility :
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Interpersonal Contacts :
Contacts are normally made with others inside the organization. Internal contacts include other department members. Interactions tend to focus on information exchange and receiving directions.
Specific Job Skills :
- Physical ability to use and safely operate maintenance and/or facilities equipment such as bailer, compactor, vacuum cleaners, hand and powered tools, ladders, and move freely through the distribution center.
- Possess an aptitude for mechanics. Poses basic knowledge of plumbing and HVAC systems or have the ability to be trained in these areas. Physical ability to climb stairs and ladders, sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to achieve and maintain certification to operate motorized material handling equipment. Ability to read, speak and understand English.
Education and/or Experience :
High school education or equivalent.
Job Conditions :
Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week to complete priority projects. Exposure to Distribution Center machinery/equipment such as conveyor belts, forklifts and loading docks. Exposure to chemical substances and dust/pollen.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
Ajinomoto Toyo Frozen Noodles
Multnomah County Health Department