Principal Security Engineer
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by New Balance
The Information Security Architect at New Balance is responsible for implementing, maintaining and monitoring systems that protect New Balance's information assets, manage technology, and information risk. Primarily this individual will guide the integration of host, network, and proactive security applications. As an information security expert with a strong technical foundation, the successful candidate will configure, operate, and maintain our security applications, help subject matter experts adhere to security policies, conduct forensics following security events, and help adhere to our regulatory compliance programs.
Given the needs of this role, we are therefore looking for someone with that unique blend of excellent technical, organizational and communication skills. The person in this role will need to prioritize and address security related events, and follow industry best practices.
Note: Off-hour support and travel may be required.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Provide excellent client orientated services to internal and external entities of New Balance
- Implement and maintain systems that detect suspect activity and identify risk
- Configure, manage, and maintain tools to provide security incident detection, response, remediation
- Configure, manage, and administer security-focused applications and tools that secure our retail and corporate systems.
- Work to ensure the security of New Balance data and PII
- Cyber threat and vulnerability analysis and remediation
- Responding to security, compliance, and evidence requests from our Legal, HR, or other departments
- Recommend enhancements to New Balance's applications and systems to ensure data security
- Research and simulate in the lab, new technologies including upgrades of existing solutions
- Maintain knowledge of security technologies, products, and services
- Visit vendors, trade shows, and seminars to further acquire knowledge in security and all various other relevant technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Information SecurityPreferred Technical Experience
- Strong understanding of SaaS, IDaaS, IaaS, etc
- At least 1+ years of hands on experience in IDaaS platforms
- Clear understanding of Federation technologies
- Good experience in Enterprise Application Integration like Directory Service, Messaging Services, Collaboration tools, etc.
- Good understanding of Cloud computing and integration
- Significant experience with virtualization, Linux, Windows, Cisco, and TCP/IP
- Firm understanding of security threats and the response to security incidents
- Multi vendor experience with Next Generation Firewalls, IDS, IPS, and vulnerability management solutions
- Firm understanding of regular expressions and scripting
- An expert level of knowledge with network services, vulnerabilities and attacks
- Working and demonstrable knowledge of multiple platforms, as well as exploits and vulnerabilitiesREQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or similar field or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in information security, network security, or positions with security responsibilities such as Incident Response, malware analysis, etc
- Experience participating in a corporate Risk Management Programs
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with ability to drive results
- Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment
- CSIRT or CERT participation
- Knowledge of ITIL and change management processes
- CISSP Certifications or training
- GIAC certifications or training
- Hands on experience with multiple platforms in a corporate environment including Windows, Linux, OSX, Cisco, and other platforms.
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.