Dir - Corp Functions Finance
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Finance, Strategic Planning and Procurement teams play a key role in fueling the growth of Nike, Inc. Finance identifies opportunities and catalyzes action to drive value for every Nike shareholder. Strategic Planning helps write the future of the business by charting Nike's path forward. Nike Procurement maximizes the value of the company's investments in external resources and secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, the teams' unwavering commitment to excellence keeps the company one step ahead of the competition.
As our Director leading Corporate Functions Finance you will provide Financial Business Partnership to our EVP & Chief Financial Officer, EVP Global Human Resources and EVP CAO & General Counsel.
You will lead a team of Financial Managers who run the financial planning processes aligned with Nike's strategic business objectives. You will also be accountable to developing thoughtful functional business and financial plans, investment frameworks, business cases and strategic thought partnership.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Lead end-to-end functional forecast, performance management and long-range planning processes for the Global Finance, Human Resources and Chief Administrative Office organizations
- Develop principles, guardrails and KPIs to ensure baseline organizational investment is aligned to NIKE Inc.'s strategic priorities
- Support development of transformational and foundational investment business cases
- Provide executive level insights to senior leaders to influence effective decision making
- Streamline and standardize cost management service levels across Corporate Functions, identifying areas to simplify activities and create capacity for strategic team priorities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a Business-related field with an emphasis in Finance and/or Accounting; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced, innovative Retail or consumer products Digital commerce business
- 8+ years' experience in finance, financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting
- Experience in providing C-suite level management support
- Strong ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver presentations to senior leadership
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- 2 years' proven people leadership experience
- An MBA (with a concentration on Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field), CMA or CPA is preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality; be results-oriented and work well within a team
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check