Accounting Mgr - Global Order To Cash
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Finance, Strategic Planning and Procurement teams play a key role in fueling the growth of Nike, Inc. Finance identifies opportunities and catalyzes action to drive value for every Nike shareholder. Strategic Planning helps write the future of the business by charting Nike's path forward. Nike Procurement maximizes the value of the company's investments in external resources and secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, the teams' unwavering commitment to excellence keeps the company one step ahead of the competition.
As the Global Order to Cash (O2C) Accounting Manager, for NIKE North America Controlling, you will drive influential and collaborative relationships with cross-functional business partners to deliver informed business decisions, process excellence, optimized financial control and financial statement accuracy related to Global revenue and Receivables. In this role you will report directly to the Global Order to Cash Director.
- Manage Global Revenue Recognition process quarterly requirements to assess revenue recognition for a dynamic and significant customer population;
- Evaluate customer arrangements for proper revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies;
- Partner with Finance, Legal and Sales, and serve as the accounting focal point on revenue recognition; Execute accounting processes and maintain effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for revenue and related reserves in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Global Accounting Policies and Processes;
- Play a key role on the global O2C team, enabling consistency in reporting and policies and implementing improvements across all geographies;
- Research and write technical revenue accounting memos that provide analyses and conclusions related to various complex accounting issues;
- Perform technical research on revenue recognition and/or other complex accounting issues, and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners;
- Stay current on new revenue accounting rules and help develop appropriate policies and processes;
- Work closely with NIKE Global compliance to manage any Internal, External Audit and SOX compliance work related to revenue;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Retail and/or wholesale revenue experience is strongly preferred
- 5+ Public accounting experience & Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand
- Experience with a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is strongly preferred
- Proven people management experience;
- Exposure to ERP accounting and finance systems such as SAP or Oracle is strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, risks and opportunities with senior leadership team;
- Proven ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Proven ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers, preferably inclusive of navigating a large corporation;
- Transformative, process oriented and forward thinking mindset.