Assistant Buyer - Soccer
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Dick's Sporting Goods Corp
Pittsburghhas transformed itself into one of the best 'made over towns', evolving from steel to science, and was recently declared the '#1 Most Livable City' for the second time in the last three years! With a national average of 40% lower cost of living, Pittsburgh is also the 6th city in the U.S. for job growth. According to Business Week, Pittsburgh was the second best place to raise kids in 2008 and number #1 for relocating families in 2009. Pittsburgh is now considered to be an economic hot spot for the life sciences and biotechnology industry with about 3,200 high-tech companies. In addition, 36 colleges and universities surround the Pittsburgh area. With its low crime rate, arts and leisure, and legendary sports teams, Pittsburgh appeals to audiences of all ages. The Southside, Market Square, Station Square, Strip District, and Cultural District offer unique experiences for spending an entertaining evening with family or friends.
For additional information please visit:
DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, e-commerce websites and catalog operations. For more information on Dick's Sporting Goods please visit our Investor Relations page.
The Assistant Buyer assists there Buyer/Senior Buyer with the in-depth development of merchandise assortments by category, collaborating on every aspect of the process. They also research economic, financial, market, competitive and industry data to explain current business trends and anticipate new trends or big ideas.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the buyers in the in-depth development of merchandise assortments by category, collaborating on every aspect of the process. Sit with the buyer to go through the Merchandise Assortment Process and apply financials.
- Assume responsibility of in-season category ownership by monitoring performance, identifying opportunities and barriers and making recommendations to drive for business results (buy more of/cancel future orders/price changes).
- Prepare and maintain recommended merchandise floor plans and game plans for the store locations. Ensure accuracy of merchandising reports, assortment sheets, and receipts.
- Research economic, financial, market, competitive and industry data to explain current business trends and anticipate new trends or big ideas; including market visits.
- Manage store communication regarding initiatives (varies by dept.)
- Trains and mentors Merchandise Administrators, MTPs, and Interns.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or Business Related field
- 1-3 Years
- Previous experience as Assistant Buyer (1-2 years) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Business acumen
- Customer-service oriented
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
- Execution skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- In depth analytical skills
- Strong detail orientation
- Superior organizational abilities
- Process & procedure oriented
- Effective multi-tasking skills