Sr. Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Trek Bicycle Corporation
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world's most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
Trek is looking for an IT professional to join the Global Network Team. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for contributing to technical direction, configuration, and administration of the network infrastructure and solutions used throughout the enterprise.
- Design, implement, and support Trek's global network environment, including LAN, WLAN, WAN, datacenter and cloud
- Management of network performance monitoring systems, alerts and notifications, escalation processes
- Address 3rd level support issues, troubleshoot difficult cases, document resolution and share findings
- Develop, maintain and support network access control platform and policies
- Provide remote access solution support (VPN)
- Evaluate application performance and packet analysis
- Manage network capacity to meet business requirements
- Research, evaluate, design and deploy new technologies
- Work closely and effectively with other IT leaders and business stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with elegant solutions
- Maintains strong values of integrity, commitment and self-improvement
- Highly results and delivery oriented
- Highly customer service oriented - Comfortable working with customers in person and over the phone
- Able to multitask a variety of duties and work requests
- Works well under pressure with changing priorities and workload
- Foster and practice knowledge sharing with team members and end-users; good documentation skills
- Effective Communication - Communicates well in both written and verbal medium. Can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Role modeling - Serve as a role model to less senior members of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum 8 years of equivalent experience in IT
- 5 years minimum experience in network design, engineering, support
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent experience with enterprise network infrastructure
- Advanced experience with Switching, Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPN) and Security (Cisco Firewalls)
- Advanced knowledge of VPNs, SD-WAN concepts, Cisco Data Center Switching and Security Best Practices
- Experience with LAN/WAN multicast designs
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a global environment
- Up to 10% travel, domestic and international
- Preferred experience: Silver Peak EdgeConnect, Cisco ISE, Azure/AWS
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish