General Merch Mgr Women's Apparel
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by New Balance
JOB MISSION Reporting to the EVP of Apparel, the Global General Merchandising Manager will work across categories to ensure optimal product sufficiency. The individual will partner closely with the product teams and regional merchants to drive business from a product merchandising perspective.
- Create product strategies and assortments to address DTC, Wholesale, and Emerging Markets business segments
- Edit assortments to maximize productivity, ensuring a balance of brand, product and regional priorities
- Work closely with product leads to balance assortments across categories; with a clear focus on consumer end use regardless of BU
- Work closely with regional merchants throughout GTM process
- Voice in seasonal flow and product priorities
- Represent apparel priorities at Game Plan decision gates
- KPIs: Global apparel budget attainment, SKU efficiency, flow percentages andMacro DA by channel
- 12+ years' experience in a fast-paced merchant- and product-oriented environment
- True merchant mindset, with a passion for the product and the ability to balance art and commerce
- Collaborative mentality with high level interpersonal and analytical skills
- Comfort operating and making decisions in grey areas
- Ability to function laterally in a linear environment
- Global travel required
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.