America Outbound Transportation Capabillty Dev Mgr
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
#.W7b0gIh-wls.mailto At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As the North America Outbound Transportation Capability Development Manager, you will be accountable for designing, piloting, and scaling new outbound transportation solutions to enable North America Transportation & Trade to meet evolving customer and consumer expectations on service and speed. In support of the Consumer Direct Offense, you will work with Marketplace Operations, Store Operations, DC Operations, Technology, Procurement, and other cross-functional teams to provide win-wins for Nike and our retail and wholesale partners. You will lead a cross-functional team to efficiently deliver business results, balancing need to for quick wins against importance of building long-term, sustainable solutions.
- A minimum of five years related professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Master's Degree highly preferred
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally, specifically across S&OP and retail customers
- Experience standing up pilot programs, failing fast, and scaling to full operation
- Outbound transportation operations experience
- Transportation analytics and modeling expertise: route optimization, load forecasting
- Cross-functional process design and implementation
- Carrier selection (LOI, RFP, carrier integration)
- Strong working knowledge of relevant outbound performance indicators
- Knowledge of last mile delivery marketplace in key U.S. markets
- Business case development and financial acumen
- Lead and influence cross-functional stakeholders, including demonstrated success in managing without direct authority
- Executive stakeholder management