Color Designer I
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Art School Finally Pays Off
That art school word 'aesthetic' comes in handy again. The look and feel of Converse gets funneled through this crew. From Events to Online to Retail to Photography to Messaging, Brand Design is the artistic hand on the color wheel. If you're looking for a motley band of artists and thinkers, then look no further. We all know what "aesthetic" means, too. We just don't use it because it's cheesy.
As a Color Designer I, you will drive color excellence for the product experience through the connection of design, development, and manufacturing. Working directly with design management, you'll gain dynamic leadership experience, enhance design skills, and increase expertise of Converse's design philosophy, products, and processes. You'll be on the cutting edge of both the art and science of color through research as a Color Designer in training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Textiles, Materials, Graphics, or other relevant design field
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience
- Connection to sport and sport style trends
- Implements category color strategy with Senior Color Design team
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Maintains color updates and seasonal looks as well as archives of line art (CDM and PIM)
- Provides color design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load
- Builds awareness of current color trends, through fashion, art, design and sports-related products through market research to keep abreast of consumer needs
- Produces best expression and merchandising tools
- Ability to plan and execute the product color details and review all samples, troubleshoot for achievability issues and clearly communicate changes in order to ensure timely completion of each project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications
- Passion for design
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.