Director of Compliance
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Sacred Heart University
Working under the guidance of the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance, this position assists in all aspects of compliance work concerning the interpretation, education, and enforcement of NCAA Division I rules and regulations as it relates to 32 varsity sports.
- Updating department manuals and forms.
- Educating coaches, athletic department employees, institutional staff, and enrolled student-athletes on NCAA compliance and academic requirements.
- Tracking transfer eligibility and coordinating with other institutions regarding transfer status (ex: notification to transfer)
- Coordinating the declaration of playing and practice seasons.
- Assists in the writing and submission of waivers concerning NCAA legislation.
- Maintains NCAA squad lists and student-athlete files.
- Monitors Eligibility Center status to include both academics and amateurism.
- Tracks the completion and submission of logs concerning recruiting and countable athletics activity.
- Coordinates annual testing program in accordance with NCAA requirements related to recruiting off campus.
- Manages all aspects of official and unofficial visits to include approval, maintenance of pass list, and management of related expenses.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree preferred, bachelor's degree required.
- Previous experience in NCAA compliance including working knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations (3 years of NCAA compliance experience preferred).
- Knowledge of NCAA technological processes such as CA and LSDBi (working knowledge of Front Rush, ACS, Colleague UI preferred).
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Evening and weekends will be required.