Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
The Cloud Engineer will work on the website or analytics development team. This role requires experience in Cloud Engineering/DevOps and Continuous Delivery systems and best-practices. Experience with Agile, and Test-Driven Development systems and best-practices is desirable. It will also require a collaboration mentality, excellent verbal and written communication skills. The success candidate will be able to successfully partner with internal and external partners to fully administer all Cloud systems under heavy usages from multiple teams.
- Collaborate with development, QA, release engineering, operations, site support, and infrastructure teams to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as it moves through entire deployment
- Drive, design, implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production.
- Support development activities in all features in Continuous Integration Platform.
- Recommend and implement automation wherever feasible.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment
- Drive and champion Continuous Delivery and automation wherever feasible.
- Champion Test-Driven Development, Acceptance-Test-Driven Development, and Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
- Document all DevOps and Continuous Delivery processes and systems on wiki.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 5 years experience or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years experience.
- 3 years of experience maintaining and developing an enterprise-level JEE website in various technical capacities.
- 3 years of experience with various scripting and programming languages such as Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby, JSON, Java, or Jacl.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Deployment Automation, with industry standard DevOps tools:
- Experience in AWS, GCP, Azure highly desirable.
- Experience with WebServer and Application server administration
- Comfortable with basic Unix/Linux administration.
- Understanding of various SDLC methodologies particularly Agile.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to peers and external vendors.
- Strong active listening, conflict resolution, negotiation, consensus-building skills and passionate about learning new technologies.